Books on this list may be purchased through PTUK either from Amazon or directly from us, as indicated. You can also purchase any book, CD etc. through our Amazon links – Any fees received via these links on our site go into the Play Therapy International Scholarship fund.
- 4 The Handbook of Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychology
- 5 Play Therapy
- 6 Child Centred Play Therapy
- 7 The Handbook of Play Therapy
- 8 Play Therapy – The Art of the Relationship
- 9 Play Therapy
- 10 Counselling Children A Practical Introduction
- 11 Reconnecting to the Magic of Life
- 12 The Handbook of Dramatherapy
- 13 Using Storytelling as a Therapeutic Tool with Children
- 14 Storytelling with Children
- 15 Inscapes of the Child’s World
- 16 Moon Over Water Meditation Made Clear
- 17 Attachment and Loss
- 18 Music Therapy. Intimate Notes
- 19 Sandplay Therapy with Children and Families
- 20 Sandplay Studies Origins, Theory and Practice
Windows To Our Children
The Gestalt Journal Press
Excellent coverage of many of the play therapy ‘tools’ and a gestalt approach to play therapy.
Using Storytelling as a Therapeutic Tool with Children
Essential reading for the Certificate course from the UK’s leading author of therapeutic stories.
The Healing Path With Children
The Play Therapy Press
Mark A Barnes
A book written from the heart from a very experienced practitioner, the founder of PTI. Essential reading for all play therapy students. This title is available directly from Play Therapy International – please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Handbook of Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychology
0 415 19492 x
An extremely comprehensive text book at an advanced level. Required reading for Diploma students.
Inscapes of the Child’s World
Play therapy students have found this book very enlightening.
Not currently available through Amazon
Attachment and Loss
Penguin Books Ltd
0 14 013837 4
John Bowlby’s writings on attachment are fundamental to understanding many of today’s children’s problems.
Music Therapy. Intimate Notes
Jessica Kingsley Publishers Ltd
Music therapy skills are essential for a Play Therapist. This is a very good introduction.
Sandplay Therapy with Children and Families
Jason Aronson Ltd
Lois Carey Sandplay is often the most powerful tool that a non directive Play Therapist is required to use.
This book is an excellent introduction.
Reconnecting to the Magic of Life
Essential reading for the Certificate course from the world’s leading creator of therapeutic metaphors.
Play Therapy UK is a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk. Any fees received via these links on our site go into the Play Therapy International Scholarship fund.